Monday 9 March 2015

Influential Event

I was a SAF medic. Like most of the Singaporean. Two years of army life leave many memories that change our life. That was no different from me.

I still remembered that was an outfield mission for one of the OCS company. I was the safety medic. Sitting inside the safety vehicle and praying hard for nothing would happen during the exercise. However luck seen to be not on my side, suddenly a loud burst of shouting of "medic" came out from the training ground. When I reach on sense I saw a cadet was dancing on the floor. yes literally dancing on the floor and whole body muscles cram up. I was stun for a second and all the different protocols under  different situations which I thought were useless initially were rushing though my mind. Thank god for the wonderful training provided by SAF I was quit enough to apply all the protocols for heat cram on the cadet ice bags, IV and fast evacuation. The essential on sense treatments prevented the cadet situation getting worst and when the MO in the medical center told me that I had save a life. I was so proud of myself.and the most memorable moment is when the cadet recover and come to medical center to say thank you to me. That was the moment I will never forget. I save a life.

From this event I have learn that we need to be well prepare all the time especially when something is under your responsibility we need to put up an right attitude towards everything. you may not know when you will become another person's hero.


4 comments:

  1. 1) Good job in saving a person's life! I always think that medics are the most important non combat vocation in the SAF. I'm very proud of you for executing your duties while following the protocols in emergency situation like this. WELL DONE!
    2) It is written with heart as I can feel his joy in saving a life in this post. Well done combat medic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The event is described very detailed and I can image the real scene. Your description gives my a clear training life in the army!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the event really described well. I can feel from the post that the situation back then was very dangerous, but you really did a great job by applying what you learnt to save that cadet. From my point of view, as I have never been involved in such situations, your post really touches me. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, YuXi, this experience.

    ReplyDelete